- Choose your mussels with care, buying them only from reputable supermarkets and fishmongers.
- Raw mussels are always sold live: they should bhttp://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php#e shiny, mostly unbroken and closed, and generally smell of nothing other than the sea.
- Get them home straight away and cover them with plenty of cold fresh water (mussels don't like tap water, so they shut up and wait for the real tide to come in!)
- Scrub them well and remove any barnacles and the tough fibrous 'beard'. Throw away any with broken shells.
- Raw mussels that refuse to close when rapped on the side of the sink are dead: throw them away.
- Mussels that remain closed having just been through the cooking process were dead before you bought them and should also be chucked out.
Now you are prepare to cook your mussels with your favorite chilli recipes. It is important to know how to prepare and the proper timing of preparing and cooking your mussels so that you won't spoil your recipe. Thanks for taking time to read my blog post. If you want to know more recipe please feel free to visit my resource page Click here to my resource page Great Chilli Mussel Recipes