I wanted to share with you today some great ways to keep these trees healthy and productive while still growing in a container.
I figure the best way is to create a list, so here it goes.
- Don't let your Dwarf Avocado trees have wet feet, occasionally let the potting mix dry out but not completely! The soil needs to stay just a little damp!
- Twice a year throw on a handful of blood and bone to provide essential nutrient uptake for fruit and flower set.
- Remove all fruit except one in the first year to help the tree be more productive and healthy in the future!
- 1st year tree's, leave one fruit on the tree, so you know when you can expect fruit for next year.
- Cover the top of the potting mix with compost and mulch. Avocado trees are rainforest trees and have surface feeder roots!
- Fertilize twice a year with chicken pellets!
- Once a fortnight liquid fertilize with with Worm wee or seaweed mix/ fish emulsion mix
- Repot every second year in winter in a dark cool place. Make sure you use a quality potting mix and mix in some compost with it! Do not use water crystals for Avocado trees!
Please come again and remember to share all this wonderful free material with your friends online at your favorite social media website!