In the very beginning when I first started container gardening with foods I tried to grow everything and anything. Now, that was a huge mistake. The reason being, I was using up space on my patio that could of been used for more productive plants.
That's why I decide to put this blog post together, so you don't make the same mistake that I did. Over time you will be able to follow me in my blog post, audios and videos and get great ideas from exactly what I am doing now.
Yes, this will also include my failures and success!
Below I have create a list of the easiest and most practical foods that you can grow in containers.
- Fruits: Citrus, Tomatoes, Strawberries
- Herbs: Basil family, Parsley, Mints, Chives
- Squash family: Cucumber
- Pepper family: All the different hot and cool varieties
- Lettuce family: All leafy greens
- Climbing Spinach: Look for it online or at local nurseries, this one rocks! In Australia keep an eye out for Warrigal greens (New Zealand Spinach)
- Sprouts: Alfalfa, Mung Beans, or any other variety that you enjoy
- Throughout this website you will be able to find information about how to grow most of these foods found above.
"Please do me a huge favor and like this blog post, so others can benefit from the content and also to help keep this garden blog show alive".
It really is my passion to teach others how to grow food at home, especially in small space gardens. My goal is to move into this full time. I believe that it will be possible if I get the support from you all out there.
Marty & Karin
ps: Please leave any comments or questions below that you may have in the comment box. You may also have a few plants or ideas that you would like to add.