One of the best fruits that can be grown easily and almost accessible everywhere are the tomatoes. Tomatoes are the all time favorite for gardeners both experienced and beginners alike, and the all time favorite place to grow these deliciously attractive fruits are in the yard. Yes, a right space in the backyard plus a few knowledge in growing tomatoes can really help you start up.
But wait! A few knowledge could also mean disaster to your plants, easy as it it to grow the tomato, still it has special needs that you must provide the plant with to strive. Special needs such as right amount of water, light, ventilation, food, space, and tender loving care is really necessary.
Here are 10 tips for growing tomatoes in pots that may help you have a successful gardening experience.
1. Your seedlings have now reached into their fourth leaf and are ready to grow into larger containers?
2. Replant your tomatoes on cool day or afternoon away from strong light and wind.
3. Water your seedlings until nice and wet. Don't drown them though!
4. Place two to three seedlings in each container. The strongest one is kept, with weaker pulled out later or potted into another container.
5. Why? Because Tom’s just love to grow together and provide warmth and a mini micro climate!
6. First fill your pot to approximately half full.
7. Grab your seedling keeping as much soil on the roots as possible. Don't shake off all the potting mixture!
8. Keep the root nice and straight and place into the container. Then fill the pot while holding the plant, covering the roots.
9. Now, fill in around the plant, keep the first set of leaves just above the soil line.
10. Water the container until the water is flowing freely.
But that does not stop there, for more information and to see the rest of the tips that will assure you a successful tomato gardening feel free to visit my resource page, just click Growing Tomatoes in Pots to access the page, Thanks for visiting my blog post and have a healthy gardening!