The Mung Bean Boost!
Here is a list to summarize some of the important nutrients that we can get from sprouting mung beans that gives good benefits to our health
- A - for the development and maintenance of healthy eyes, gums, teeth, skin, hair, and selected glands. It is also needed for fat metabolism
- B- important in forming new blood cells, aids in metabolism, promotes use of sugar to maximize energy, required for tissue integrity, and for good functions of the nervous system and the heart.
- C - for tissue repair and growth, also required to maximize iron absorption in the body and for the formation of collagen.
- E - promotes skin health through timely cell regeneration, aids the formation of blood cells, muscles, and other tissues.
- Iron - needed for hemoglobin regeneration to supply oxygen in all parts the body through the blood. Also to prevent iron deficiency anemia (IDA)
- Zinc - for proper function of digestion, also helps in the biochemical reactions in the body, and promotes strong immune system.
- calcium - aids in strengthening the bones and serves as an important electrolyte in maintaining muscle contraction and rhythmic heart beat.
- potassium - promotes good nerve impulses and regulates the rhythm of the heart and all other muscle contraction. this is the major cation inside the cells that regulates and maintains osmolality of cell fluid.
- magnesium - activates many enzymes for metabolism and like potassium it helps in regulating the proper rhythm of the heart and other muscle contractions. it also has the capacity to relax a blood vessel that results to decreased peripheral resistance of the blood to the vessel wall and decreasing the blood pressure.
Those are just some of the beneficial micro-nutrients that we can get from the sprouting beans. It is also good for those who are suffering from diabetes. Sprouting mung beans benefits are really amazing, there is so much that we can get from that tiny sprout!
What are mung beans? Today, Daniel Delaney looks at this South Asian legume, the mung bean, and uses it to create an Indian dal. Today's sponsor is Pigchaser BBQ Sauce, check them out at pigchaser.com ---- What's This Food?! (WTF?!) is a daily cookin...
Healthy Recipes with Mung Beans
Mung beans are not just filled with different healthy benefits, but it is also filled with different and delicious ways of cooking! Enjoy both the healthy benefits and the delicious recipes that all comes from this wonderful tiny green seed!
Below are some resource link to videos about mung beans and hoe to prepare them!
- Brooks Heart Healthy Cooking Class: Sprouted Mung Beans
- Betty's Mung Bean Salad Recipe
- Whole Green Mung Daal Recipe Video
- Sprouted Mung Bean Recipes
Here you can find some written recipes for you to follow:
- Cucumber Sesame Salad and Mung Bean Salad with Croutons Recipes
- Mung Bean Recipes
- Hearty Whole Mung Bean Soup
- Mung Bean Casserole
These are just some of the many healthy and delicious recipes that mung beans and sprouted mung beans can provide! Varieties of this recipes originates from the different corners of the world. This only proves that the taste of mung beans are recognized and enjoyed world wide!
Healthy Mung Bean Benefits Resource List
Please Share Mung Bean Benefits to Others
Don't forget to check the blog, it's awesome!